Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Fish Tank

Erin got me a fish tank for christmas. It's a 55 gallon freshwater tank that I set up in the office. I have been steadily adding fish after the tank fully cycled on the 20th. For those of you who are counting, I set the tank up before christmas, so it's actually been a month since the ammonia and nitrate levels were safe to add fish. I set up the tank the night I got hit by the car, since I figured I was living on borrowed time...

The following freshwater fish are in the tank:
1 Golden Ram (Apistogramma ramerizi)
4 Panda corycats (Corydoras panda)
5 Tiger Barbs (Puntius tetrazona)
1 Odessa Barb (Puntius ticto)
4 Gouramis (Trichogaster trichopterus)
2 Danios (Danio malabaricus)

Have a couple of live amazon sword plants in the tank as well. The ram is the coolest though, he actually follows your finger across the tank...

I have to give a loud shout to Shawn and James for inspiring me when it comes to the tank. They taught me everything I know about this hobby I love.

(Click pictures to enlarge)
Closeup of the ram, a peaceful South American Cichlid








Two Panda Corys, talking about their new tank mates....
Feeding time; tiger barbs, gold gourami, and the odessa barb in the background...they all love the shrimp pellets




"I AM THE LIZARD KING!"














Link to more pictures of tank:
IMG_2319

0 Comments: