Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sad Day in Pootie Tang Nation

Update: Pootie Tang wins the season's high points by +11 over Wrath Man. Measuring the total payout like we measure the performance of one of our private equity funds would be as follows:

[Season High Points Payout + 4 weekly high points + $25 for making playoffs]:

2.35x multiple upfront capital call
IRR = 60.8% for 15 week season...not bad

Lost the semi-final game this past weekend in my fantasy football league, in a matchup that on paper was a done deal. That's why they play the games. Pittsburg D let me down big time, and Carson Palmer has been a dog as of late. Fat Catz took some mad money out of my pocket. However, to the victor go the spoils, so my congrats, el chubby kitty. (Click to enlarge.)

I have Westbrook who has been an absolute stud this year, and had no problem with him sliding at the 1, cause it's the right thing to do. You do anything to beat the Cowboys. It's an unwritten rule as an Eagle. The 6 points wouldn't have mattered in the end, but I do admit, my head was exploding at the time.

So I am still in the running for the High Points this year by 41 pts, which will be a nice payout if I can hold on. My team was basically left for dead after week 8, but went on a 6 win tear. So I was due... but as you can see, I had the highest points against (PA), so this has been a tough, gut-it-out season. (Click to enlarge, week 14 prior to this week's loss.)

Today is the first time I've been able to look at anything related to football after watching Chester Taylor do nothing against the Bears monday night.
Sorry this looks like I slapped this post together, because, well, I did. It's still too painful to look at the score.

Till next year...

0 Comments: